September 28, 2009

Cold Season Prep


Hello my Darlings,

I hope this writing finds you safe and well. Can you believe we had thunder storms the last two days? wow. Now it's downright chilly and I am considering turning on the furnace yet again. I didn't even get to go sit outside with my cup of tea to enjoy the stars since there are clouds and the wind is cold and too blustery. Mind you, I love listening to the wind in the trees. Such a beautiful sound.

I packed up my summer clothes into their respective totes, bags and boxes then pulled out my winter clothes including my pink longjohns. I am not sure where I packed my winter boots and might have to look in the crawl space. Not sure I want to go there with spiders running amok. Oh, they are just to creepy looking and yes, my arachnophobia is showing once again, I know, pardon me.

The trees are looking more bare each day and the leaves on the ground are accumulating in number. Am I supposed to rake the leaves? they are just getting blown all over the place and I do live in the forest. I suppose it would be a rather silly task to do and I can't stand when the rake gets caught in the grass and the bushes. End up playing tug-a-war for my rake!

I do believe that new winter coats are overdue. I hope that I can find ones for extreme cold weather. It's almost difficult finding these coats around here and will most likely require me to go to the cities. Such a long way east or west too and all I want to do is sleep when in the car. A great companion to drive with, don't you think?

A notice went out about more bear sightings. I read a story about a bear attack in British Columbia and importance of having pepper spray on hand. Not sure I would want to spray a bear, get him or her mad just to get time to run away. Can you imagine? I'm scared just thinking about it.

Well, I won't keep you my darlings. I will leave this here ---> The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick. I hope you have fun with it and want you to please take care and stay safe.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and thoughts are allowed, just be Kind