July 23, 2010

Summer



Hello my Friends,

Well, I am long overdue for a post. I hope you can forgive my absence as life tosses us lemons and we must make lemonade. I did not forget you.

Summer has been pretty good around here in the Borealis forest or at least in my little section. There was a forest fire west of me that made the days a little hazy and occasionally got a whiff of smoke. We had one scary night when tornadoes were south of us and really strong winds were blowing around here too. Another weekend we had a thunder storm and lightening hit a tree across the street and the top third of this one tree got knocked off. It looks rather scraggly now but least the deadwood can contribute to a cozy fire in the fireplace for the upcoming winter.

Currently there are heat waves going on south of here. It's been cool in my area and Fall is definitely starting to make a appearance. Some plants and tree leaves are changing colors. I love the colors of fall and how everything seems to look so fiery. Makes me think of some peoples personalities.

I am saddened with the effects on wildlife from that oil spill in the Gulf. I have great admiration for the people that gathered to save as many as they could. It seemed as if the company behind the well wasn't moving quick enough to cap off the leak but hopefully it will hold. Now they are moving out of the area because of Hurricane Bonnie. I still worry about the long term effects of the oil though and should be interesting to track.

I know that I cannot keep you so will close. I found some funny quotes and puns and hopefully will leave you with a smile even if for the moment.

- Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked to but if you pressthe wrong button you'll be disconnected.

- Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.

- If Barbie is so popular, why do we have to buy her friends?

- Gene police! you! out of the pool!

- When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded.

- A nice thing about Egotists is that they don't talk about other people.-Lucille S. Harper

- What do you call a baby monkey? A chimp off the old block.

- What is the difference between a miser and a canary? One's a little cheap and the other is a little cheeper
.

Please take great care and stay safe.

xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and thoughts are allowed, just be Kind